I believe in helping social workers achieve their professional goals with empathy and an understanding of the challenges of a social work career. Because of time constraints we all face, I offer both Individual and Group Supervision options. My Group Supervision is run in two two-hour segments each month, and I will work with you if work constraints conflict with my current times. I realize that supervision must be tailored to each individual’s learning needs, and as faculty at a local university, I can recognize your needs and teach to them. I have a wide variety of professional experience with children, teens, and adults, in both short and long-term therapy, dealing with a broad spectrum of problems. Extremely important, my supervision group has fun. You won’t be bored and you will feel comfortable bringing up your concerns.
Highlights of Professional Presentations, Groups, and Research:
- “Posttraumatic Stress Disorder,” Northeast Lakeview College, San Antonio, Texas; October 30, 2018.
- “Open Relationships,” Contemporary Relationships Conference, Houston, Texas; May 5, 2017
- “Free to Soar: Social Workers in Successful Fee for Service Private Practice,” NASW State Conference, Arlington, Texas; October 6, 2016.
- ADHD: How to Access Resources for Your Child. Rockwall ADHD Support Group, Rockwall, Texas; June 9, 2016.
- Adolescent Process Group for Suicide. New Hope Lutheran Church, Missouri City, Texas; October 29, 1999.
- “Breast Cancer Awareness.” Village of Oak Lake Women’s Club; October 15, 1999.
- “The Psychosocial Impact of Breast Cancer Related to Spinal Cord Injury,” Association for Spinal Cord Injury Psychologists and Social Workers, Las Vegas, Nevada; September 1-5, 1995.
- Collaborator, “Imagery/Support and Immune Function in Breast Cancer Research Project,” University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
- Collaborator, “An Outcomes Assessment Model Research Project,” University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center.
- “Support Group Interventions,” University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Social Work Oncology Course, Houston, Texas; February 20, 1995.
- “Enhancing Group Facilitation Through Role Play,” University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Social Work Oncology Course, Houston, Texas; October 19, 1993.
- “Case Presentation,” University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas; May 19, 1993.
- “Field Placements,” University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas; April 2, 1993.
- “Sexual Development,” Archdiocese of New Orleans Youth Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana; March 8, 1992.
- “Holiday Pressures,” Chappelle High School, New Orleans, Louisiana; December 18, 1991.
- “Peer Pressure,” Riverdale High School, New Orleans, Louisiana; December 3, 1991.
University Graduate Courses Taught:
- Advanced Generalist Practice with Individuals
- Advanced Generalist Practice with Families
- Organizations, Communities, and Social Policy
- Social Work Supervision and Administration
- Clinical Practice in Mental Health
- Foundations of Social Welfare Policy
- Field Foundations Practicum
- Advanced Generalist Field Practicum
University Undergraduate Courses Taught:
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment II
- Mezzo Practice
- Social Work Practice with Macro Systems
- Writing and Technology Skills in Social Work
- Integration & Application of Practice Theories
- Generalist Practice in the Field